The ZIB addresses issues in the field of educational science, mainly focusing on large-scale assessments. The individual projects explore diverse aspects, with questions ranging from methodology to practical application.
Completed ZIB projects
The following projects are an excerpt of the research already completed by the ZIB, intended to give the reader an appreciation of the scope of ZIB’s work. In addition to a brief summary of the respective project and its findings, references to publications are listed.
- PISA Plus 2012-2013 Competence development across an academic year
- Characterisation of risk groups
- Preparatory work for participation in international consortia for PISA 2015 and PISA 2018
- Trend in competence acquisition and school development since PISA 2000
- Secondary analyses of PISA Plus data
- Successful teaching is digital — but not exclusively
- How do STEM schools succeed?
- Effectiveness and conditions of school inspection: a research synthesis
- Research into the school context of mathematical competence within an international comparative framework
- National add-on study on computer-based assessment (CBA) in PISA 2012
- Exercise handling processes and individual process characteristics
- Development of software for the assessment of multilevel structural equation modelling
Associated projects (PISA working group)