Prof. Dr. Doris Lewalter
Chairwoman Center for International Student Assessment (ZIB)
Lead National Center PISA
National Project Manager PISA
Hours: on appointment
Mail: Doris Lewalter
• Professorship (W2) for Education with main focus School Education, Faculty of Philosophy, Rheinisch-Westfälischen Technischen Universität Aachen, RWTH (2004-2006)
• Managing Director Institute of Education, Faculty of Philosophie, Rheinisch-Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, RWTH (2005-2006)
•Head of Center for Teacher Education and Rector's representative for Teacher Education, Rheinisch-Westfälischen Hochschule Aachen, RWTH Aachen (2005-2006)
• Professorship for High School Education (Gymnasialpädagogik), Technical University München (2006-2019)
• Professorship for Formal and Informal Learning (since 2019)
• Elected member of the Scientific Institute Committee of Institute of Museum Research, Berlin (since 2015)
• Chairwoman Center for International Student Assessment (ZIB; since 2021)
• National Project Manager PISA (since 2021)
• Development of learning motivation
• Teaching and learning process in formal and informal learning settings
• Teaching and learning with digital media
• Teacher education
• „Toolbox Lehrerbildung- Teaching and Learning in the digital age“, as part of the project Teach@TUM, "Qualitätsoffensive Lehrerbildung" funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), since 2015
• „Conveying conflicting scientific topics in exhibitions: Development and optimization of an exhibition prototype and a museum-related wiki“ (DFG-Transfer Project) funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG); 2017-2021.
• „Supporting students’ self-regulated learning through motivational and metacognitive prompts in the museum“ funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG); 2021-2024.
• Gegenfurtner, A., Lewalter, D., Lehtinen, E., Schmidt, M., & Gruber, H. (2020). Teacher expertise and professional vision: Examining knowledge-based reasoning of pre-service teachers, in-service teachers, and school principals. Frontiers in Education, 5, 59. doi.org/10.3389/feduc.2020.00059
• Lewalter, D., Titze, S., Bannert, M. & Richter-Gebert, J. (2020). Lehrer*innenbildung digital und disziplinverbindend. Die Toolbox Lehrerbildung. Journal für LehrerInnenbildung, 20 (2), S.76-85.
• Ludwig, T., Priemer, B. & Lewalter, D. (2019). Assessing Secondary School Students’ Justifications for Supporting or Rejecting a Scientific Hypothesis in the Physics Lab. Research in Science Education.
• Reinhold, S. Gegenfurtner, A. & Lewalter, D. (2018). Social support and motivation to transfer as predictors of training transfer: testing full and partial mediation using meta‐analytic structural equation modelling. International Journal of Training and Development, 22 (1), 1-14.
• Knogler, M., Harackiewicz J. M., Gegenfurtner, A., & Lewalter, D. (2015). How situational is situational interest? Investigating the longitudinal structure of situational interest. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 43, 39-50.
• Schwan, S., Grajal, A. & Lewalter, D. (2014) Understanding and engagement in places of science experience: Science museums, science centers, zoos and aquariums. Special Issue: Psychological Dimensions of PUS and PES - Psychological Approaches for research on PUS. Educational Psychologist, 49(2), 70-85.